Wednesday 3 February 2010

Welcome to Dumpsville



In the spirit of Valentine's Day, we hit the streets of Dublin to hear some the capital's worst dumping stories...


Neil Caffrey, Blanchardstown

I once texted an ex after a romantic weekend together to say I loved him. The text back read 'Sorry, I'm just not interested'.

Stephen Stewart, Malahide
When I was 17, I went down to Malahide beach to meet my mates. My girlfriend was there kissing some other guy.

Constantin Popa, Romania
She sent her mother to tell me. So, I asked her mother out for coffee. She said no.

Laura Curry, Glasnevin
I just left the country. The hardest bit was saying goodbye to his cat.

Jenny Kilday, New Zealand
Breaking up with my first love was the worst. I was still in love with him.

Sarah Meyler, Terenure
One of my friends got a text that said, ' I was going with the flow but the flow just stopped.'

Christina Daly, Stepaside
I dumped a boyfriend over the phone because he was too clingy. He said it was the cruelest thing I could've done, but I had been tempted to just text him.

Sylvia McArdle, South Circular Road
I brought him to the cinema, whispered in his ear... and left.

Luke Collins, Bray
The best way is to score someone else in front of them.

Alexander Jones, Clontarf

I called my ex 'ugly' and watched her walk away.

Hazel Boundy, London
I've been married for 40 years, so I'm not really qualified to answer that one!

Deirdre Flynn, Rathfarnam
I texted my friend bad things about guy I had a date with. Only I sent it to him by mistake.

Joern Huelsmeier, Harolds Cross
I've been dumped by email. It's not too bad as you don't have to respond right away.

Selenge McClave, Phibsboro
I faked my address on the walk home after a date. He couldn't find me again.

1 comment:

Katie Kav Photography said...

haha i especially like the one in the cinema! classic if a bit dramatic!